Tuesday, February 10, 2015

A long humid Summer..

means a lot of "lounge lizard" (in)activity.
Work for the shop goes on and in between there is life drawing, Urban sketching and finally some etegami.
A little bit cryptic but says a lot of what I feel. Valentine's Day is this weekend  so a heart image seemed appropriate. It sounds a bit dramatic to say that one is misunderstood but there are some who willfully look for a reason to paint you in an unfavourable light...just sayin'.
Anyway, Happy Valentine's Day peeps, I'll be getting my usual nothing (the Prof is not romantic) but it is the other 364 days that matter, not to mention the 51 years of being a wonderful mate.
So, Happy Valentine's Day my love.

7 comments:

  1. Are you doing cut-paper art now? That's what it looks like, and it's LOVely!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debbie, I would never challenge Fumiko! :)
      The image of the cogs is a stamp I carved, hope you still like it?

      Delete
    2. Now I can see that it is a stamp. The bunny is cut out though, right? In any case, I love the composition. The image and the words work well together.

      Delete
  2. The composition to my eye and heart is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is the inner you a bunny??
    Happy Valentine's Day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 😉 gay, maybe a snuggle bunny!
      The subtext here is that the rabbit is the Japanese messenger of the God of Love, rather like cupids arrow I guess! Hope things are fine down there!

      Delete
  4. Origame, really a lovely work ~(*o*)~ Êš(ˆ◡ˆ)Éž·.•*•♫°•♫·.•Êš(ˆ◡ˆ)Éž !!
    Best wishes,Sadami

    ReplyDelete